(Information provided for educational purposes only; please see disclaimer at the bottom of the page. Consult a health care provider if symptoms persist for more than 5 days.)
- Made from the bitter seeds of the Strychnos Ignatia tree. Strychnine can cause a very severe poisoning that leads from muscle spasms to paralysis, especially respiratory and ultimately death.
- The remedy is indicated especially when over excitability, sensory overload, restlessness and a sensation that a lump in the throat exists.
(From the anthroposophic and homeopathic literature and from clinical experience):
- Hypersensitive hearing and vision
- Lump in the throat
- Sudden erratic pains
- Nervous compulsive eating
- Premenstrual pains
- Nervous cough
- Back pain
- Hysteric tendencies
- Changeable personality
- Breath holding in children